Just Thinking

Thursday, September 07, 2006

In The Studio

For a few years now, I have been wanting to make a recording. I have done some singing on many CDs but always for other people. I am finally able to do my own recording and I am really excited about it. On Tuesday I was in a studio in Weaverville, NC for the instrument tracks of the project. It was lots of fun and the guys who did the picking were spectacular. I have a great love for acoustic and bluegrass style music and this project is geared that way. Jeff Tolbert, who plays and sings for The Primitive Quartet is producing the album for me. Jeff is a very gifted musician and on my project is playing the rhythm guitar, lead guitar, mandolin, banjo and fiddle. Tim Surrett, who traveled with The Kingsmen for many years is also playing on the CD. Tim did the tracks on the upright bass, electric bass and dobro. Rick Murray is a very gifted drummer and he put some light rhythm on it for me. The studio owner and engineer is Kevin Briggs. The studio is called K & K Studio and has only been open for three years. It is a really nice relaxed atmoshphere. I will be returning to the studio in the next couple weeks to lay down the vocals. I hope and pray that the project turns out good. I know I'm excited about it.
posted by Aaron at 9:40 AM

2 Comments:

Have you started your waiting list yet for the CDs? If you have, put our name on the list.

2:54 PM  

Hey Aaron, Glad to hear you're finally going to do that recording. I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Congrats on your 10th anniversary! We celebrated ours, too. I do remember there were a pile of us that got married the same year.

Glad to hear of the Lord's moving in your services. He is moving in many area churches. To God be the Glory!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home