Just Thinking
Monday, February 06, 2006
Youth Convention
We just came through the Central Pennsylvania Youth Convention. Wow! It was a great convention with the theme "Out of the Gray." Rev. Eric Heimlick did a great job connecting with our young people. Bro. Eric has a burden for ministry and reaching others and it shines through in his ministry. Dozens of young people came forward in the services being challenged to a deeper walk with God and many of them answering calls to ministry. It was a great privilege to work with a few other guys in this convention as well. Eric Kuhns, the convention leader, did a great job. Eric and his wife Hannah, are leaving soon to fulfill their call as missionaries. What a great couple. I'm sure God will greatly use them. Matt_Ellison was also a big part of the planning of the convention. Matt spoke in one of the sessions and was in charge of snack shop. What a fun guy to be around. Doug Rine was also a key part of the convention. Doug led the singing each service and he and I were in charge of the basketball and volleyball tournaments. Doug is getting married this weekend. I certainly wish him the best. Doug was another great guy to work with. Lucas Shrout and Richard Williams traveled in from NC to help with the music. What can I say about their music? Phenomenal. Awesome. Wow! God used them greatly. I had the privilege of singing most of the evening services and Lucas accompanied onto the piano. God has certainly blessed these two men on these instruments. Their offertory on Saturday night, "We Shall Behold Him" was one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. God's presence came in a real way during this song. I was physically exhausted after this weekend but would do it all again in a heartbeat. I came away spiritually blessed and encouraged. I'm already looking forward to next year. I leave early in the morning for a revival in Michigan but will try to post a few pictures from youth convention when I get back home.
posted by Aaron at 2:56 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home