Just Thinking
Saturday, November 25, 2006
We're Back
After a much anticipated and needed vacation, we are finally back home in Richfield, PA. We left last Thursday and traveled to West Virginia and my wife's grandparent's cabin back in the mountains near Spencer, WV. What a beautiful place. Just to get back in the mountains and relax is what I look forward to every year.
Another bonus is that my cel phone does not get reception back there. The weekend was spent getting tree stands ready and clearing four wheeler trails of any fallen trees or branches.
Sunday, of course, we went to church in Reedy, WV where Rev. Richard McKenzie pastors. What a great pastor and family and a great congregation. I got out of speaking in the evening service this year but had to sing. God really helped and we had a great service.
Monday morning was the beginning of deer season which we thoroughly enjoy. I was not successful on Monday however I was able to take a buck on Tuesday with a 375 yard shot from my 7mm mag.
On Wednesday evening we traveled to my parent's place in Oak Hill, OH. We had a great time with family their. All of my siblings except Robert who lives in NC and Stephen who lives in western PA, were able to be there. My grandmother also lives with Mom and Dad now so it was a special treat to be able to spend time with her. After thanksgiving dinner, my nephews talked my brother Jim and me into a game of football on the local high school football field. It was fun but both of my hamstrings are just now healing.
I was able to take some pictures and will try to post some of them later. We had a great trip but it's great to be back home.
Another bonus is that my cel phone does not get reception back there. The weekend was spent getting tree stands ready and clearing four wheeler trails of any fallen trees or branches.
Sunday, of course, we went to church in Reedy, WV where Rev. Richard McKenzie pastors. What a great pastor and family and a great congregation. I got out of speaking in the evening service this year but had to sing. God really helped and we had a great service.
Monday morning was the beginning of deer season which we thoroughly enjoy. I was not successful on Monday however I was able to take a buck on Tuesday with a 375 yard shot from my 7mm mag.
On Wednesday evening we traveled to my parent's place in Oak Hill, OH. We had a great time with family their. All of my siblings except Robert who lives in NC and Stephen who lives in western PA, were able to be there. My grandmother also lives with Mom and Dad now so it was a special treat to be able to spend time with her. After thanksgiving dinner, my nephews talked my brother Jim and me into a game of football on the local high school football field. It was fun but both of my hamstrings are just now healing.
I was able to take some pictures and will try to post some of them later. We had a great trip but it's great to be back home.
posted by Aaron at 8:12 AM
1 Comments:
Aaron It was good to see everyone at Thanksgiving. Here is my new blog. http://roymccarty.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
Roy
Post a Comment
<< Home