Just Thinking
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Valley Of Decision
I am seeking help and direction in an important area. Your input would be deeply appreciated. I am a subscriber of Sirius satellite radio. I will tell you the pros and cons of it and ask those of you who are subscribers to XM to do the same. For the most part I am pleased with Sirius. Pros - All NFL games including playoffs, they put FOX News back on after complaints from loyal customers, old time radio classics, Focus on the Family weekend magazine, service and reception has been great; Cons - there is no Southern Gospel music (which I read on Jon Planks blog is coming to XM), only a couple religious channels out of almost 200 and those aren't very good, they made a big deal about Howard Stern coming (which I have blocked his 2 channels), offering Playboy channel (which is free but you have to call and ask for it). I'm sure there would be more pros and cons if I would take more time. What really has me thinking now is the fact that Southern Gospel is coming to XM. With no Southern Gospel stations in our area, other than one I can't get at my house, this is very appealing to me. My good friend, Matt Ellison, is a proud subscriber to XM and is trying to woo me quite frequently. It's not that I don't trust his judgment but I would like more opinions on the matter. Matt, please feel free to respond on this blog as well. You know how I always value your opinion.
posted by Aaron at 7:14 AM
4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Siriusly, I'm thinking of getting XM radio myself.
Living in Canada might make things a little more complicated, but I'm definitely considering it. So be courageous and make the switch. I'm also very pleased with my pun I just made. Let me know if you're impressed.
I am still enjoying my XM radio. I push XM because I learned the hard way. You need to listen to your friends. A friend of mine tried to get me to subscribe to XM but I didn't heed his many "pros". I subscribed to Sirius Satelite Radio (SSR). Not long after Fox News was deleted from the line-up. Then that numbskull Howard Stern came on. I quickly exited the SSR scene. Xm has "Opie & Anthony", similar to that dipwad Stern, but on the whole XM is defintely more conservative. So for what it worth, listen to the voice of experience:) switch to XM. In the meantime, while you are in the "valley of decision" I will soon be enjoying "Enlighten - Southern Gospel" on Channel 34 on my XM2GO Portable XM radio.
I have been a proud XM Radio subscriber for nearly 2 years. I must say that I would never switch to the opposition. Sure, Sirrius has the NFL but XM has MLB. NFL games are mostly on Sunday's when I'm busy anyways, and nothing beats listening to every MLB game available. Of course there is also the NHL if that intrests you (that's more up Joel's alley). XM also has many college football and baseketball games. There is also several sports talk channel's.
Now, before I sound like a sports nut I'd better mention some of the other channels (I will probably find my name in W.L. Kings paper soon) :-) With Fox and Fox News Talk, America Right, ABC News Talk, the clean comedy channel, Old Time Radio, Family Talk (Christian), and now Southern Gospel on the way there is nothing missing (except the NFL & NBA).
So, that's my opinion. Come from out of the Valley in into XM land.
Post a Comment
<< Home