Just Thinking

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dinner With The Boys

A few of my friends and myself have been meeting on a monthly basis for lunch and intellectually stimulating conversation. The setting of this month's meeting was Wendt's Pork Palace & Ice Cream Barn, a fine dining establishment new to Snyder County, PA. This was my first time eating at the Pork Palace. I didn't know what to expect but it is a unique restaurant. The food was good, home-style cooking. But what makes these meetings such a wonderful experience are the people I eat dinner with. The Right Rev. James D. Plank, the philosophical genius Rev. Matthew Ellison and the illustrious Mr. Jon Plank make up my monthly dinner companions. Our conversation usually revolves around solving the problems of the world but we are not above telling a joke or two. Even serious minds like ours need a break from time to time. I really enjoy meeting with these guys and look forward to these meetings.
posted by Aaron at 2:30 PM

2 Comments:

I just did that same thing today! It's a small world.

3:22 PM  

I'm so glad to hear how you and your group are making such good progress in solving the world's problems. I myself just solved world hunger today.
Not bad for a day's work, if I do say so myself.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home