Just Thinking

Thursday, April 06, 2006

3 More Years

I am breathing a little easier now. Our church business meeting was held last night and this year was a pastoral recall year. I didn't expect any problems but I was very nervous anyway. I am confident enough in my church that if there would be any problems they would come to me rather than waiting until the church business meeting to address them. In our church, the votes are cast and read right in the business meeting. The members are to vote Yes to keep the pastor and No not to keep him. Oh, and the pastor sits right there during the whole thing. Talk about nerve-wrecking. Anyway, the vote was very good. Actually it was excellent. It was a unanimous vote for us to stay with another three year call. I say the vote was unanimous, of course you should know that my wife and children were the only ones allowed to vote. Not really. I pastor a great group of people and we are looking forward to great things in the future.
posted by Aaron at 10:15 AM

4 Comments:

Congratulations Bro. McCarty!! Trust you have 3 wonderful years and that things will go well for you.

Susanna Zeigler

4:06 PM  

Thanks Susanna. Great to hear from you. Hope you and Rueben are doin good.

7:09 AM  

If I only had your charm I could fool so many too! Congratulations!

11:07 PM  

Stick around Matt, maybe you'll learn a thing or two. Thanks by the way.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home